6-day multi-activity family adventure in Slovenia, bringing friends and families on a mission to explore and enjoy their time together
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
Take your family to the sunny side of the Julian Alps and into the heart of the Triglav National Park! We are offering 6 days of hiking, biking, canyoning, swimming (and more!) in Slovenia just for you – showing you fantastic scenery, guiding you through the unique and unspoiled Alpine world and taking you to the beautiful Bled and Bohinj Lakes. We are providing full service, so your mind can explore and your body can energize!
Day 1: Arrival day, transfer from the airport to Bled, in-take meeting and welcome refreshment
Day 2: White Water Rafting on Sava River and guided biking in Bled area
Day 3: Canoeing on Lake Bohinj and sightseeing of Savica Waterfall and Mt Vogel
Day 4: Hiking in Triglav National Park and overnight in a mountain hut
Day 5: Return hike from the mountain and rock climbing in Bohinjska Bela
Day 6: Canyoning in Jereka and horseback riding
Day 7: Transfer from Bled to Ljubljana Airport and departure
- All private land transfers according to the itinerary
- All accommodations with breakfast (5 nights at the farm stay near Bled, 1 night in the mountain hut)
- 8 guided activities (all appropriate for families with children age 7 and up): rafting, cycling, walking, canoeing, hiking, rock climbing, canyoning, horseback riding
- All necessary equipment for activities (helmet, harness, bikes, wet-suit, …)
- Rent-a-bike (Lake Bled) with all equipment
- In-take meeting on day 1, logistical support, 24/7 emergency support
- Bottled water 0,5l per person/day at activities
- Professional and qualified English-speaking native guides on all activities
- Travel to Slovenia
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Lunches and dinners, drinks
You will arrive at the airport, where a private transfer to Bled will be waiting on you. Bled is a typical alpine town, located at the foothills of the Julian Alps. When you will spot a castle on the rock, overlooking a deep, clean glacial lake with a picturesque church on an island, you will know your adventure is about to begin! We will meet with you to discuss how your days will play out and take you to your accommodation.
Bled and surroundings
After breakfast at the farm, we will take you to your first whitewater rafting on Sava River (2-3 hours, grade II-III). Some drops, rapids and white knuckle time, it’s always a great family fun! In the afternoon, upon returning to Bled, you will decide to bike with our guide to either Vintgar Gorge or circle Lake Bled and Bled area. Vintgar Gorge is a fantastic display of mysterious and powerful nature and a must-see for all who venture to Bled. The gorge is accessible by a wooden walkway stretching one mile deep from the entry point and all the way to 52 ft high Šum Waterfall.
After breakfast we will depart for Lake Bohinj (approx. 45min drive), the largest permanent lake in Slovenia. Here, you will truly feel embraced by green forests, clean waters and fresh air. We will go on a hike around the lake, following a trail along the shoreline. You will hike up a moderate hill to visit georgeous 200 ft high Savica Waterfall, a spring of Sava River, and then take a cable car ride to Mt. Vogel (5,000 ft). You will be met with stunning views of Lake Bohinj and the surrounding mountains. In the afternoon you will do easy canoeing on the lake before returning back to Bled.
Night on a mountain
After breakfast at the farm, we will pick you up all packed and ready for the overnight in the mountains! A short drive (approx. 30min) will take you to the starting point of your hike. You will hike on a moderate, pleasant hiking trail uphill to Blejska koča mountain hut above Pokljuka (approximately 2 hours), where you will spend your afternoon and night. Once there, you roam around exploring natural diversity of Pokljuka and taking in the views. Pokljuka Plateau is known for its vast and thick pine forests and abundance of wildlife. Our families love it for mushroom picking! This is where you can enjoy the nature at it’s most pristine!
Once you finish your breakfast at the mountain hut and take one last deep breath of pure mountain air, you will slowly descend and return back to Bled, where you will be able to jump in the lake for a refreshing swim and optional lunch near the lake, or return to the farm to freshen up. In the afternoon you will do easy rock climbing in Bohinjska Bela with a climbing guide. Bohinjska Bela is a small alpine village that is believed to be over one thousand years old. Now it is known as one of the top quality climbing areas in Slovenia!
This will be a fun day! We will pick you up at the farm after breakfast and take you canyoning to the beautiful Jereka Canyon (easy level) in Bohinjska Bistrica!
All needed canyoning gear will be provided. It is an unforgettable experience, taking you to places, which are hidden to most. Be ready – you will get wet! In the afternoon we will take you to a one-hour horseback ride in the Bled area. Suitable for beginners or experienced riders. The rest of the afternoon in Bled is all yours! This is the time for those gorgeous Christmas card family pictures in fairytale-like surroundings of Bled.
Always welcome back!
This is your last day at the farm. After breakfast, your adventure with us will end. We will have a transfer to Ljubljana Airport ready for you in time for your flight. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us!
You will spend 5 nights at a family-run farm in a small, quiet Alpine village just outside Bled. The farm is surrounded by orchards and green pastures, and filled with freely grazing cows. Your stay will include breakfast made with homegrown foods.
A mountain hut Blejska koča will be your accommodation on Pokljuka, where you will spend a night high up in the mountains and have a breakfast in a fresh alpine air.
- It is advised that the youngest child is at least 4 years old, to be able to join the trip
- All customers are required to notify us before booking the tour of any medical conditions, as well as dietary restrictions. All medications can and should be brought to all activities in the program. If you suffer from any medical conditions, we strongly suggest that you consult your physician before booking a tour to receive an expert medical advice. We are more than happy to discuss and recommend the most suitable adventure for you based on your conditions, but cannot ultimately be responsible for your health.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult, who is either their parent or a legal guardian. Parents must provide before a start date of a booked trip a signed Statement of Guardianship with their full legal name and date of birth, a child’s full legal name and date of birth as well as a guardian’s full legal name and date of birth
- Canyoning is not appropriate for children under 6 years of age
- Rafting is not appropriate for children under 4 years of age
- We can provide child seats for bikes and baby carrier backpacks
- Comfortable sporty clothes
- Athletic shoes (sneakers) and hiking shoes/boots
- Swimming suit and a towel
- Backpack (big enough to carry all your belongings on a 2-day hiking trip)
- Sunscreen, sun hat or any other sun protection, bug repellent
- Suggested spending money: Approximately 200 EUR/person should be allowed for your personal expenses (food, drinks, and optional entrance fee for Vintgar Gorge (4 EUR/person-adults, 2 EUR/person-children)
Slovenia has a period of nice and sunny weather with high temperatures (up to 90°F and sometimes even more) from late June to early September, but the weather can also be unpredictable, especially in the mountains, so we advise you come prepared: bring a few extra pieces of warm clothes (fleece or soft-shell/wind-stopper jacket, long pants, socks and shirts with long sleeves).
We compiled a list of further thoughts and recommendations on our Frequently Asked Questions page.